After hours of standing in the river and fishing, my waders get quite moist and in some cases even soaking wet. To keep them smell and mold-free, you need to dry them as soon as possible. And this is where the wader dryer comes handy.
In his article, I’ll show you which wader dryers and accessories you can use to dry them quickly and hassle-free. You’ll be able to wear dry waders the next day and keep them mold-free.
If you ever left your waders wet for days, you already know how stinky and even moldy they can get. Not dying them as quickly as possible will shorten their lifespan for sure.
Wader boot dryers will take care of these problems and save you a lot of time and time. Not to mention that you’ll never have to wear moist wader again.
4 Reasons to Use Wader Boot Dryer
They tend to benefit us from the challenges that come in not using one. The following are the significant reasons to use it.
- No direct heat exposure: The first mistake we often make is drying out our wader boots with direct heat. For example, near the fireplace. However, that leads to the wader boots getting damaged and its lifespan shortened. Dryer does not use intense heat, and so the materials remain undamaged. Good care leads to longer use of waders.
- No more smelly waders: One of the issues we face is of the foul smell. This situation takes place if the wader boots are not dried well enough. Hence, it leads to fungal and bacterial growth over time. No one wants their boots or shoes to smell. Fortunately, wader boots dryer has deodorizer to counter such smelly waders.
- Quicker drying: we don’t want to miss out on an adventure because of the waders not being dried up in time. Fortunately, wader boots dryer tend to dry the waders within a few hours or overnight. This quality in wader boots dryer help to save time and energy.
- No more molds: Molds can develop if the waders are not dried well or left untreated for a longer period.
Another reason why we need to use wader boots dryer is that almost everything is preventable. Let us not give molds a chance to develop in wader boots in the first place.
Best Wader Dryers on the Marketexisting boot dryers.
I focused on the factors and criteria such as; its effectiveness, drying time, practicality, price, and quality.
I also intended on testing many other dryers, but the odds were none. The above wader boot dryer mentioned was the only one I could get my hands on.
The availability of the wader dryers was not up to my expectations.
1. Peet Wader Dryer
Everyone wants to possess wader boots drying gadget that is fast and advanced. If so, then your search ends here.
Further, the gadget consists of two removable tubes that help to dry high boots. These two tubes help in drying pairs of boots, shoes or gloves simultaneously.
- Peet wader dryer is efficient, inexpensive, and stable.
- It’s made of quality plastic.
- It’s designed to dry pairs of wader boots simultaneously.
- Saves time and assures the top to dry thoroughly.
- The PEET electric dryer has no ON/OFF switch.
- Longer boots requires additional extensions.
2. PEET Dryer 12-inch Boot Extension Attachments
There are extensions made for wader boots to be used on Peet original dryer. If you already have Peet dryer at hand, then these extensions can be bought to turn it into wade dryer.
If by chance, wade dryer gets assembled in a place with no electricity then, Peet propane dryer can be purchased.
The PEET dryer extension attachments come with 2 years warranty. It is also safe on all materials.
- The PEET dryer extensions come with two sections tubes.
- The extensions fit to all PEET dryers with DryPort.
- Tubes have a loose fit. Wish they had more snug fit.
3. DryGuy Force Dry DX Wader Adaptor & Extensions
The company DryGuy does not make a wader dryer. Fortunately, they do have wader adaptor and wader extender. This gives more height for taller wader boots.
DryGuy wader adaptor and extensions together can turn your Force dry DX dryer into wader boot dryer in less than a minute.
Further, it is to note that this adaptor is compatible only with the DryGuy Force dry DX dryer. If you have any other model, this adaptor and extensions won’t fit.
The DryGuy Force Dry DX Wader Adaptor Extensions provides a year warranty. The Extensions can also convert into a system that is easy to use for drying hip, chest waders and waist.
- The extensions help with the heights of waders and tall boots.
- In an hour, the DryGuy Force DX Wader Adaptor Extensions can dry up a pair of boot.
- The extensions are not able to fit into some other brand dryer.
4. MaxxDry Wader Extensions
If you already have MaxxDry Boot Dry dryer, then these extensions are a great solution.
And if you don’t have it already, you can get it for a quite affordable price. It’s probably one of the cheapest ones if you plan to build a wader boot dryer with help of extensions.
The downside of these extensions is that they are quite short. They are only 6 inches long, you’ll probably need several pairs to get the desired height.
- They work well with large men’s boots consisting of taller heights.
- The MaxxDry extensions offer a 1-year warranty.
- The extensions are intended for use with only MaxxDry Boot Dry model.
Boot and Wader Dryer Maintenance Tips
Let me list down some of the tips on how to properly take care for the waders.
Firstly, it is essential to read the instruction manual before using it. Secondly, take adult supervision while assembling any technical gadgets.
- Do not surpass drying time: Remember to look into the maximum dryer time of the dryer. If the waders are not dry after the allotted time: “Don’t restart right away”. That is a recipe to overheat the dryer. Check if the dryer’s surface is hot. If it not, you can continue with drying, otherwise wait to cool down first. This method will help in the smooth running and extended its lifespan.
- Make sure the dryer is stable: Make sure the dryer gets placed on a flat and stable surface. And, make sure to let the waders hang on the dryer evenly. Wader dryers do not possess a stable base. Wader boots are also high in height. Likewise, don’t forget to keep away from children or pets. Otherwise, it may tip over and break. Having a separate stool or table is a better convenience. That is, to ensure any kind of accidents in the future.
- Don’t put on soaking wet waders: Let the waders get dried first either using a towel or any clean cloth. If not, then, the dryer might get damaged since it runs on electricity. Also, drying the waders first, help in less consumption of electricity.
Having dry waders is essential to keep them mold-free and long-lasting. Quick-drying time and efficiency are the key factors here. With a good wader dryer, you’ll achieve all that.
I hope you find this article useful. If you have any questions about these dryers, you’re welcome to leave them in the comment section.